Sunday, May 18, 2008

Too Many Babies


Yesterday a friend told me that the biggest problem with the United States was overpopulation. California has doubled in size and the United States as a whole will soon reach one billion in population I was warned. My friend then asked me rhetorically why people are so stupid to not realize that we have to stop having so many children. You must understand two things. First, this was a friend who genuinely likes me and doesn't think I am stupid. Second, my friend knows I have four kids and just met one of them the day before. I was asked where we will put all these people we are producing and importing. I responded that Arizona and Texas seem to have plenty of room. My friend just gave me a blank stare as if Arizona or Texas were mere Republican black holes. I guess if I had mentioned the command in Genesis to multiply and fill the earth I would have lost all credibility. I never asked if my friend's parents should have followed the program of zero population growth. I think I would have received another blank stare. Long live baby producers! We all had at least two. Well honestly, if you take Genesis 1 seriously, it takes three to tango!

No comments: