Sunday, August 17, 2008

Finding Nemo


Yesterday Nemo committed suicide. He jumped right out of the fish bowl and landed on the floor under my desk. With no one to rescue him or give mouth to gill resuscitation, he died. Needless to say I was stunned by this senseless waste of life. He had everything he needed to make him happy. A bowl to swim in endless circles, fish food...three tablets every day. A bowl to swim in endless circles...fish food, three tablets every day. Did I mention he always had that fish bowl where he could swim in circles? He even had the opportunity to look at me for hours at a time while I worked. My son said he thinks Nemo killed himself because he had to listen to me practice my sermons. I am sure he was just kidding! I think Nemo thought he was a bird and was convinced he could fly. Maybe I am in denial and refuse to deal with the inner turmoil Nemo suffered. Needless to say, it is a bit depressing staring at my empty fishbowl knowing that I didn't do enough to make my Nemo happy. Perhaps I should have taken him on walks or turned his fishbowl light on and off more during the day to give him something else to think about. I am just glad he didn't die from global warming...that would have been really bad! I need to find something to do with myself to take my mind off finding Nemo...on the floor. Perhaps I'll go fishing...

No comments: