Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Political Politic


I have in the past few weeks become accutely aware of my need for the Holy Spirit to overwhelm me and dominate my interests and desires. It isn't that I just realized my personal poverty here, it is that I was brought face to face with my longing for God to saturate me with His Presence as I went through an unexpectedly provacative book, The Work And Presence Of The Holy Spirit. What startled me was just how casually I was treating the work of the Holy Spirit in me and how little real effort I was making to let Him rule over my psyche. I have recently entered fully into the political dialogue and I do not apologize for my views nor think I am off base in how strongly I feel but I must admit the election will not alter the most crucial issue. Without Christ aligning my life, I have little to say of any value. The fruit of the Spirit is not just an alternative lifestyle, it marks the one who does know God and lives in Him. The pursuit of the filling by the Holy Spirit is dominating my will and I pray that you and I will not wilt in our craving to be overcome and driven by Him. Pray and give up your will to Christ. Pray and refuse to submit any longer to anti-Jesus desires. Pray and state unequivocally your desire to let the Holy Spirit rule over you. It is a new day!

No comments: