Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What's Right?


It is so easy to get caught up in what is wrong and yet we have in scripture a completely different view of things. It is what is right that must captivate us. Christ crucified is the pivot point of all life and with Him in us there is not a thing wrong with our lives, our situation nor our circumstances. He is after all our righteousness, our holiness and our wisdom. Reliance upon Christ to organize our circumstances and make our life situation best for us is the point of all this faith in Christ. We are prone to take it both ways...faith in Christ and personal introspection on what to do to fix everything. The worry about nothing command of Jesus is not religious blinders, it is the way to enter into complete reliance upon Jesus that all things really are working together for our good. I am as bad as anyone at fixing my eyes on my lacks or upon my attention to working it all out but Christ is not just my hope for eternity. Eternity is now and He is my hope for now...Reliance upon Him and satisfaction with what He brings me is faith too but more than faith. It is Christianity.

No comments: